The Training Cell under the Home(P&AR) Department had been established in the year 1984 with a view to train up the officers and staff of Secretariat, Department and Directorate under the Govt. of West Bengal. Different Training Programme like induction training programs with in the country and outside the country are also being coordinated by the Training Cell. The Training Cell also extended to implement the rules and regulation as per West Bengal Service (Training & Exemption) Rules 1953. Apart from this the affairs of Administrative Training Institute is regulated through Training Cell of P&AR Department.
Training Cell is one of the Cell of P&AR Department dealing with the West Bengal Service (Training & Examination) Rules, besides Training Programme of all officers of State Government including IAS and other A.I.S. Officers. All matters related to Administrative Training Institute are also dealt with by this cell.
- Induction level training of IAS/WBCS & Other Departmental Officers.
- One/two weeks Inservice-Training for IAS Officers – Co-ordination with the Department of Personnel & Training, Govt. of India.
- Activity of Nodal cell to Co-ordinate study tour cum Bharat Darshan Programme of IAS Officers.
- Nomination to D.O.P.T, NIC, ISTM, NIFM, NPC & other National & Regional Training Institute sponsored programme.
- Foreign Training of All-India Services Personnel & All State Service Personnel.
- Inservice training for Officials of Secretariat & Directorate.
- Disposal of the matters related to ATI establishment.
- Co-ordination with the Public Service Commission for implementation of the Service (Training & Examination) Rules, West Bengal in respect of IAS, WBCS & other Departmental Officers.
- Amendment of Training & Examination Rules in conformity with Rules prepared for inclusion of different cadres.
- Implementation of General Rules regulating the probation & training of officers appointed on probation.
- Establishment matters of the staff posted in training cell.
|OSD & Deputy Secy.||1|
|Upper Division Assistant||7|
|Lower Division Assistant||3|
|Typist Basic Grade||1|
|Muharrior, Grade - II||1|
|Peon Basic Grade||2|